ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bractlet was founded with a vision: buildings that only use the resources they require. Bractlet is a rapidly growing company in Austin, Texas with software deployed in buildings nationwide. Our Infrastructure Investment Platform provides the real estate industry’s most innovative solution for optimizing building performance and maximizing invested capital.
Combining granular data from IoT devices, machine learning algorithms, and leading simulation technology, Bractlet’s solutions are on the cutting edge of the energy efficiency industry. Bractlet is a fast-growing, goal-oriented company that strives to push the bounds of technology and make energy waste a thing of the past.
ABOUT THE JOB
At Bractlet, you will be building the world’s most sophisticated and accurate building energy models at lightning speed, allowing Bractlet’s customers to optimize their buildings and maximize their capital spend in marque commercial buildings in major cities across the country. Using Bractlet’s proprietary energy modeling software (built on top of Energy Plus) and data analysis tools, you will be an integral part of Bractlet’s Modeling team, working to develop highly accurate and predictive baseline and savings measure energy models at a building and equipment-level. Your understanding of energy modeling, energy systems, and advanced controls will be pushed as you develop energy models at a pace not currently seen in the industry. As a key member in the organization, your feedback, ideas, and innovations will go directly into improving Bractlet’s software and building energy analysis tools. Your contributions will have a lasting impact on Bractlet, the built environment, and the world.
- Degree in architectural, mechanical or civil engineering
- Has 2+ years of applicable work experience with energy modeling software (e.g. E-Plus, DOE-2, IES) or 2+ years of work
- Experience in mechanical system design, energy engineering, or building controls
- Strong heat transfer, thermodynamic, and energy systems knowledge
- Knowledge in building construction, HVAC and lighting systems
- Ability to take balance collaboration and working independently
- Comfortable adapting to new software tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, informal environment
- Experience working within timelines
- (Plus) Knowledge in building control strategies and high-performance design
- (Plus) Be task-focused and have an ability to self-manage time engineering program
- Develop building simulations that are calibrated to historical equipment-level data and are highly predictive of future operations and energy consumption
- Aid in the identification and optimization of energy savings measures
- Simulate building/equipment/system optimizations and savings opportunities
- Continuously improve existing customer simulations and evaluate new investment opportunities
- Provide feedback to internal operations and software development teams
- Help develop best practice documentation and promote the improvement of Bractlet’s energy modeling processes
- Contribute to future resource and project planning by tracking your time on individual tasks and for specific projects
You’ll get in on the ground floor of a venture-funded startup with a compensation package in accordance with your experience and expertise. Role comes with a generous benefits packages that includes medical, dental and vision coverage along with extended vacation time. Bractlet is a dynamic, intellectually diverse, and fun-loving company that prides itself on honesty and excellence.